Keeping your kitchen clean and functional is a vital aspect of maintaining a healthy household. But let’s face it, life gets busy, and sometimes we all need a helping hand. That’s where this ultimate guide comes in! We’re passionate about keeping our homes spick and span, and today, we’ll share our top cleaning tips for your kitchen appliances. Using our advice, you’ll extend the life of your appliances and save money on repairs – what a win-win!
Let’s kick things off with the fridge, shall we? Cleaning your fridge regularly will help maintain its efficiency and prevent any unwanted smells.
- Weekly wipe down: Every week, take a few minutes to give your fridge a quick wipe down with a damp cloth and warm soapy water. This simple task helps to remove any spills or crumbs that have accumulated over time.
- Shelves and drawers: When you notice grime building up, take the time to remove shelves and drawers from your fridge to give them a thorough cleaning. A mixture of warm water and dish soap works wonders!
- Door seals: The door seals often get overlooked, but keeping them clean is essential for maintaining a proper seal on your fridge. Use a toothbrush and mild cleaning solution to scrub away dirt and debris from the folds of the seal.
- Odor control: Nobody wants a smelly fridge! Combat unpleasant odors by placing an open box of baking soda inside. The baking soda works wonders in absorbing those pesky smells and should be replaced every three months.
But what about the freezer? Fear not, we have you covered with these handy tips:
- Defrost and empty: Every six months or so, completely defrost and empty your freezer. This helps remove any lingering food particles and prevents ice buildup, which can decrease your freezer’s efficiency.
- Cleaning solution: Clean the interior with a mixture of water, white vinegar, and dishwashing liquid. Make sure you dry it thoroughly before refilling it with your frozen goodies.
The extractor fan keeps your kitchen smelling fresh by removing smoke and odors, so it’s essential to keep it clean:
- Filter cleaning: Every couple of months, remove the filters from your extractor fan and soak them in hot soapy water. Use a non-abrasive brush to gently scrub away grime, then rinse and dry before reinstalling.
Whether you’ve got a gas, electric, or induction hob, here are some helpful tips:
- Smooth hobs: To clean a smooth hob, use a mixture of baking soda and water. This gentle yet effective solution will help break away stubborn stains without scratching the surface.
- Exposed burners: For hobs with exposed burners, use warm soapy water to clean the burners and surrounding areas. Remember to remove and clean the control knobs too!
Next up, the oven! Here’s how to banish grime and grease:
- Shelves: Remove and clean oven shelves in warm, soapy water. Scrub with a brush as needed, then rinse and dry before reassembling.
- Cleaning paste: Create your own paste using salt, baking soda, and water. Apply the paste to the interior of your oven (avoiding the heating elements) and let it sit for a few hours or overnight. Then, scrub away and rinse with a vinegar and water solution for a sparkling clean oven.
More in depth guide about oven cleaning here.
Yes, even your dishwasher needs a good cleaning now and then! Follow these easy steps:
- Clean the filter: Remove and clean the dishwasher filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Vinegar cycle: Run a hot cycle with white vinegar in an empty dishwasher. This helps remove buildup and bad odors.
- Baking soda: If needed, sprinkle the bottom of the dishwasher with baking soda and run another hot cycle for extra freshness.
Last but not least, let’s tackle the microwave:
- Loosen food particles: To loosen crusted-on food, simply microwave a bowl of water for a few minutes. The steam will help soften stubborn stains, making them easier to wipe away with hot water and soap.
- Oily stains: Mix water and baking soda to create a solution that can effectively remove oily stains from the interior of your microwave. Just apply, scrub, and rinse!
Other Tips and Tricks
These are just some of the ways you can keep your kitchen appliances clean and running efficiently. Remember, a little maintenance goes a long way in preventing costly repairs and replacements down the line.
And if all this seems like too much work or you simply don’t have the time, our team at Everclean is here to help with our professional deep cleaning services! We’ll make sure your kitchen appliances shine like new. Wink, wink!