Keeping your home clean and tidy can be a challenging task, especially when it comes to those hard-to-reach spots. From high shelves to tight crevices, tackling these tricky areas requires a bit more effort and creativity. In this ultimate guide, we’ll cover several tips and tricks to help you conquer these cleaning challenges, while also providing some helpful advice from our experienced team at Everclean. So grab your cleaning supplies—it’s time to get down to business!
Fridge and Freezer Cleaning Tips
- Clear out and wipe down weekly: Make it a habit to clean your fridge and freezer regularly. Throw away any expired items and wipe down shelves, drawers, ice makers, and door seals with soapy warm water.
- Keep it odor-free: Don’t let smelly odors take over your fridge. Store an open box of baking soda inside to absorb unpleasant smells, and replace it every three months.
- Freezer defrosting and cleaning: Defrost your freezer as needed, then clean it using a solution of water, white vinegar, and dishwashing liquid. Dry it thoroughly before refilling.
Tackling Kitchen Appliances
- Extractor fan filter maintenance: Remove and clean extractor fan filters every couple of months. Soak them in hot soapy water, then scrub with a non-abrasive brush before rinsing and replacing them.
- Hob cleaning methods: Smooth hobs can be cleaned using baking soda, while hobs with exposed burners may require soapy water. Always remember to wipe down control knobs after cleaning the hob’s surface.
- Oven cleaning secrets: Start by removing and cleaning the oven shelves. Then, scrub the interior with a paste made from salt, baking soda, and water. Rinse the oven with a vinegar and water solution to finish the process.
- Dishwasher maintenance: Regularly clean the dishwasher filter and run a cycle with white vinegar. If needed, sprinkle baking soda inside and run another cycle to keep your machine sparkling clean.
- Microwave cleaning hacks: The easiest way to clean a microwave is by microwaving a bowl of water for a few minutes to loosen up crusted-on food. Simply wipe the interior clean with hot soapy water afterward. For oily stains, use a water and baking soda mixture.
If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed with all this cleaning, don’t worry—a one-off deep cleaning service from Everclean can give you a fresh start! Our trained professionals will get into every nook and cranny, making your kitchen appliances look like new again. Check out our One-Off Deep Cleaning service for more information.
Reaching High Spots: Ceiling Fans, Light Fixtures, and Cabinet Tops
- Ceiling fan and light fixture cleaning: Attach a microfiber cloth to a mop handle or broom, or use a disposable duster with an extendable handle. For a more eco-friendly option, try using an old pillowcase to clean those high spots.
- Blind cleaning made easy: Wrap a damp microfiber cloth around a pair of kitchen tongs and slide them along each blind slat to remove dust without hassle.
- Cabinet top dusting: Use a disposable duster on an extendable handle or a cleaning cloth with some cleaning solution. A stool or ladder may help you reach those high spots safely.
Bathroom Cleaning Techniques
- Behind the toilet: Equip yourself with gloves, knee pads, a sponge, cleaning cloth, and cleaning solution. Scrub the area thoroughly, rinse with clean water, and wipe it dry to keep this spot germ-free.
- Faucets: An old toothbrush and baking soda will help you scrub tight corners and keep your faucets shining. Just be sure to rinse everything with clean water when you’re done.
- Shower head maintenance: Detach the shower head and let it soak in a mixture of white vinegar and baking soda for 2-3 hours. Rinse and dry with a paper towel before reinstalling it.
- Sliding door, shower door, and window track cleaning: Use a crevice tool or vacuum attachment to remove initial dirt and dust. Then, apply a solution of household ammonia and dishwashing liquid with a small brush before rinsing with water and drying with paper towels.
Need a little extra help getting your bathroom spick and span? Everclean’s Bathroom Cleaning service can take care of it for you.
Taking Care of Technology: Keyboards and Car Interiors
- Keyboard cleaning: Turn your keyboard upside down to remove loose dirt and crumbs. Then, use a sticky note or adhesive paper to pick up any remaining debris between the keys.
- Car crevices: Gently clean hard-to-reach areas in your car with cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol. Vacuum where necessary, and remember to give these spots some attention during car washes.
In conclusion, tackling hard-to-reach spots in your home doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to keep your home looking its best. And whenever you need a helping hand, Everclean is here for you!